In this article, I’m going to do a review of Fiverr, a very popular platform that offers various digital marketing freelance services. Whether you are new to Fiverr and want to purchase your first gig but not sure if Fiverr worth your time and money, or you want to start selling your services as a freelancer, or maybe you are just wondering how you can make money on Fiverr, — in this review you will find all of the answers to your questions. At the end of the article, I will also list a few effective methods that will help you start making money on Fiverr fast.
Fiverr is a good platform for freelancers and buyers, but it’s important to rely on your own expertise, as low-cost gigs – even the ones that have a 5-star rating – may end up hurting your business. It’s easy to become a seller on Fiverr and make money if you have a skill and willing to work.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a platform for freelancers (marketplace) where you can buy and sell services. At this point, it is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for digital services that has a database of more than 3 million gigs. Fiverr has been on the market since 2010.
Originally each gig cost $5; hence the name. In 2014, Fiverr removed the $5 price limit. As the marketplace continues to grow, the quality and quantity of gigs have increased dramatically, and now you can find pretty much any digital service there.
How Does Fiverr Work in 2021?
Fiverr works just like any other marketplace. Sellers list their services (gigs) and buyers who are interested in these services ask questions and if they are satisfied with answers, purchase them. Fiverr works like a middleman guaranteeing both parties are happy with the end result. Fiverr withholds 20% of every transaction. Once the seller delivered the gig and the buyer confirmed the delivery, Fiverr will pay the seller within 2 weeks (faster if you are a trusted member).
What Is Fiverr Gigs?
Fiverr gigs are the services that are offered by the sellers (freelancers) on the Fiverr website. The gig price varies from $5 to $10,000. Even though most gigs cost only $5 there is usually an upsell for extra and better quality services. Most gigs fall under one of these categories:
- Graphics & Design
- Digital Marketing
- Writing & Translation
- Video & Animation
- Music & Audio
- Programming & Tech
Is Fiverr Legit?
Yes, Fiverr is a legit website for both buyers and sellers. There are some Fiverr “hustlers” who will try to take advantage of your service or provide you with a service that may not be the same quality as advertised. However, the buyers can always check the order and report whether it meets the criteria or not.
Fiverr is a legit website. It has customer support that will always help you resolve any issue and will respond within 24 hours after you submit a ticket.
If a seller fails to deliver your order on time you can either extend the delivery time or get a refund (partial or full) instantaneously.
All the transactions are recorded properly.
Fiverr has an SSL certificate to protect your billing and personal information that you don’t want to share with others.
Fiverr also offers an easy way to find quality freelancer sellers – you can see their rating, level and read reviews from other buyers.
Fiverr has recently introduced a testing procedure for sellers, and you can see whether they passed it. This makes it so much easier to find a professional seller.
Plus, there is another verification process where sellers provide information about their education and background.
Common Fiverr Problems And How To Solve Them:
- A seller is not delivering your order on time – contact the seller, then contact the support. Ask for a refund if the seller is not willing to resolve the issue.
- A seller delivered a poor quality job (not as advertised). Ask for revisions. If you are not satisfied, ask for a refund.
- A seller delivered the order as promised but you were expecting the job being done in a different way (not as advertised). Next time you can ask a seller specific questions before placing an order to avoid misunderstanding.
- You are upset that Fiverr is charging $2 extra for every order, even the ones that cost $5. Unfortunately, nothing can be done here, it’s their pricing policy. It’s a good motivation to make more money, though.
Fiverr Sign Up
Fiverr sign up process is very simple and straightforward, especially for buyers. If you want to become a seller on Fiverr, then you’ll have to spend a little more time setting up your profile and adding gigs so that you can start making money.
If you want to become a buyer, click this link and start your Fiverr journey and get 20% off your first purchase. You can use your Facebook profile, Google profile or e-mail address to sign up. You will need to create a username, and keep in mind, that you won’t be able to change it in the future. After you activate your account, you will be able to use Fiverr and all of its features.
The procedure is a bit different for those who want to become sellers on Fiverr. I will explain it in next few paragraphs and provide you with some great tutorials at the end of this article.
Buying On Fiverr
Fiverr made it very simple for people to purchase gigs. You provide all the necessary information and within just a couple of days (sometimes even less) you get your order delivered. Sounds pretty easy, right? But before you go and place an order, take your time and read what I have to say as Fiverr might not always be as good as it seems.
In my opinion Fiverr is a marketplace with a damaged reputation which is mainly because of its bad ranking system. If you don’t want to repeat my mistakes and waste your time and money on sellers that deliver crappy service, then keep reading as I’m about to explain how to avoid having a bad experience with Fiverr.
It’s very unlikely to buy a great gig on Fiverr cheaply, as there are very few high-quality services that cost $5. However, there a couple of scenarios where you can actually buy a gig for $5:
– A seller is new and he is selling his services at a low price to improve the rating of the gig and get reviews from the customers. The price will rise eventually.
– A seller lives in a third world country and $5 is a lot of money out there. That doesn’t mean that all sellers from these countries deliver great work (in many cases, they do not).
– A gig is easy and requires no effort (a seller is usually using some sort of software). Despite promises, these types of gigs can damage your business.
Overall: There still a lot of great gigs that you can buy for $5 sometimes it takes time to find it and sometimes you can negotiate down to $5 and sometimes service just cost more.
Fiverr is full of fake reviews.
I don’t know how that works exactly but that’s true. And many people (including myself) have fallen into trat trap and ordered services from sellers who had a 5-star ranking but ended up being delivered a horrible service. Lots of people tend to leave a 5-star rating even if the quality of work is poor as long as it’s “as advertised”. I often see this in SEO and buying backlinks types of gigs. Many of the new Fiverr buyers are not experts in SEO so they just rely on seller’s experience which sometimes is very poor (i.e. sellers often focus on creating links rather than giving an actual benefit to the website). Make sure you discuss with the seller what exactly you need them to do beforehand, so there are no unpleasant surprises.
If you are beginner thise can help you successfully purchase a gig
Fiverr tips for buyers:
- Spend some time researching gigs. Find 5–15 sellers that suit your needs.
- Save your favourite sellers into a collection. Separate sellers by categories. This way you will always have an easy access to good services.
- Determine the quality of gigs by reading reviews. But instead of reading all the 5-star reviews, scroll down and look for the negative ones.
- Don’t let the “Level One Seller” ranking fool you. That does not guarantee the quality of the service, it just shows that the seller completed a certain number of gigs. It’s much better to work with sellers who have a good reputation.
- Contact each seller and ask for a sample of his recent work delivery. Just to be sure ask what exactly you will be getting for the price.
- Check the quality of work. Don’t rely on a gig’s description or seller’s experience. The seller is responsible for delivering the work he promised. Your responsibility as a buyer is to make sure that the work he delivered will benefit your business/project. In most cases, the seller just wants to make money and doesn’t have your best interest at heart.
- If you have a special request make sure you ask for that prior to placing an order. This way everyone understands what needs to be done.
- Try to be realistic: Fiverr is a great place to save money if you have a limited budget. You are purchasing a gig from a reputable seller for $5 on Fiverr, and somewhere else you would be paying around $20-$25 (and sometimes even more) for the same service. Sometimes it’s worth to pay a good company extra money instead of spending time looking for a reputable seller on Fiverr who will deliver a high quality work.
- I suggest you find a few people on Fiverr that will help you grow your business by providing various services. This process takes time but it is totally worth it. This is a win-win scenario: you know the people you are working with and don’t have to look for a new seller each time you need to buy a gig, and the seller is more motivated to do a good job since you have already become a loyal customer.
Buying Backlinks On Fiverr
Buying backlinks, in general, is a pretty bad idea and it’s against Google Terms of Service. However, that usually doesn’t stop anyone. If you are a SEO expert who is familiar with the latest search engine’s algorithm updates then you may request the sample of seller’s previous work. Then, after doing an evaluation, you decide whether it’s a good idea to purchase this type of links for your niche. I understand, that it’s tempting to do so especially if you see that your competitors are using low-quality backlinks and ranking on the first page of Google, but often it can do more harm than good to your business.
Buying traffic on Fiverr
It’s definitely not a great idea to buy traffic on Fiverr. Fake traffic won’t do much to your ranking and may even may hurt your position in SERP. That kind of traffic won’t bring any sales since it’s all bot traffic.
How To Sell On Fiverr?
Fiverr allows any person who can set up a profile and a gig start selling their services on their marketplace. All you have to do is go through a sign-up process and follow a step-by-step procedure. After that, your gig will start showing up on the Fiverr result page for search queries relevant to your service. New gigs are getting some extra love (i.e. exposure) from Fiverr. And if your service is good and you can maintain a positive feedback from customers, the number of your orders will rapidly grow.
How To Become a Seller on Fiverr?
Start by using this link and then click the “Become A Seller” button. This will lead you to a a step-by-step walk-through.
You will be required to complete 5 easy steps:
1. Set up your seller’s profile.
2. Create your gig.
3. Add a video introduction (not mandatory).
4. Offer a package (great way to boost your earnings).
5. Offer extras for your gig (helps increase the revenue).
Although only the first 2 steps are mandatory, the last 3 steps will help you generate more traffic and increase your profit.
Fiverr Coupon 2021
Fiverr does not really offer coupons unless you are a first-time buyer. If you haven’t used Fiverr before, then you can get 20% discount by clickingthis link (it works). Instead of wasting your time and trying hundreds of coupons that do not work, it is better to just set up a gig that will require minimum work from you (15–30 minutes tops), deliver the work and earn money. If you are still looking for a coupon or promo to save money on Fiverr we made a whole post about that here.
Is Fiverr A Scam?
No, Fiverr is not a scam. But it has the lowest possible score on BBB because of the many (not all, of course) sellers on Fiverr who offer really low-quality services. Here are the red flags you should be on the lookout for:
– Fake reviews (usually written by the same person over and over again).
– A new seller who is selling a high ticket service at a very low price.
– Sellers who do not communicate effectively.
Use common sense if the gig looks fishy and ask seller questions to clarify your concerns. You can also ask sellers to see the results of their previous orders. The good news is that you can always resolve the issue through Fiverr and get a refund in case you are not satisfied with something.
Is Fiverr Safe To Use?
Yes and no. If by “safe” you mean the website’s security, then yes, it is very safe and you have nothing to worry about. But if you are asking whether any gig on Fiverr is “safe” for your online business, then my answer is no. For example, if you are thinking of ordering 20,000 backlinks for your new website to improve SEO, or you want to get fake views on your YouTube channel, then think again. However, there are thousands of wonderful gigs on Fiverr that can really benefit your business.
What To Sell On Fiverr?
On Fiverr, you make money from selling your talents and skills. If you are not sure where to start, you can check which services are high in demand on Fiverr and set up a gig selling pretty much the same thing (if you know how to do it, of course) but for less money. When you get a few good reviews, you can increase the prices.
However, if you realize that you can’t offer any of the services that are popular on Fiverr, then it’s time for you to learn some new skills. Nowadays, you can do it online at practically no cost. I learned a lot of useful SEO, marketing, and design skills that helped me boost my business on one of the largest online learning platforms called Skillshare. If you are not familiar with it yet, I suggest you read this review that also offers a 60-day Skillshare free trial.
Besides SEO and Internet Marketing, you should consider creating gigs in Video category (Video Creation, Video Logo Creation, Video Intro and Outros). It is always high in demand so if you are good at it, you will have plenty of orders. If you decide to do that, check out VideoBlocks review for a website where you can download unlimited high-quality stock footage videos, After Effect Templates and Motion Backgrounds.
How To Make Money On Fiverr?
There are a number of ways you can make money on Fiverr. I will list general principals that can be applied to any niche. If you can’t offer buyers something unique that can create its own demand, then make sure there is already a demand for what you offer. For example, if you search for “voice overs” you will see that most gigs have some orders in queue,
which means that people are interested in this kind of services. Look for services that are high in demand and not offered by many sellers. Set up a gig offering the same thing (obviously, you have to know how to do it well), set a low price and start making money.
Determine how much money you want to make and how much time it will take for you to complete the work. Price yourself right. You don’t want to make $100 by writing 24 articles and selling it for only $5 each. Keep in mind, that you will also spend some time answering buyers questions and redoing the orders.
Optimize your gig the right way. Most people are going to search for a gig using the search bar. Therefore, you want your gig to show up at the top of Fiverr for searchers centered around the services you sell. Look at the similar gigs that are showing up at the top positions right now and see what title, description, keywords and tags they use. Apply it to your listing (don’t copy it but make it similar). Use “Available Now” feature.
You can also make money on Fiverr without actually doing the work yourself. Did you know that there is another marketplace called SEO Clerks which is very similar to Fiverr but with the prices as low as $1? You can sign up for SEO Clerks here If you are a new member you can ask me for a coupon worth of $5 which you can use towards buying your first 5 gigs.